Product Studied: Project B Immune
We at Project B emphasize on being bare and transparent of our product ingredient and formulation. We have an extensive product development stage, carefully engineer every product to ensure they work. As a part of our groundwork, we reach out to a number of independent professionals for a blind test to compare the nutritional information and ingredients of our formula with the available brands in the market.
Under this review, we reached out to independent pharmacist to compare the nutritional information and ingredients of immune boosting product from two other brands: California Gold Nutrition, CellLabs and Project B, to see if there was any way to improve it. This was a blind test, that California Gold Nutrition's, CellLabs' and Project B's names are never disclosed during the creation of the reviews. The pharmacist was not paid or given anything to endorse any of these products.
This product has been studied and fine-tuned for over 26 months before the formulation is confirmed. We took another 6 months to test its efficacy profile on over 36 individuals before it is being delivered to you. This part of the report reviews the product formulation, where we have another part of the report displays the results of the efficacy profile.
Rank 2: California Gold Nutrition Fungiology MushRex Plus
Rank 3: CellLabs Oxxynovia 600
Who are the formulators
We work closely with Dr Hiroji during the study and selection of the immune boosting ingredients. Dr Hiroji has spent close to 10 years in researching and publishing over 55 journals on the active ingredients for the women, youth preserving, antiaging and wellbeing industry.
Here, we took over 26 months to finalize the product formula, where ingredients are ensured at their optimum effective dose, complement with its product efficacy profile and portfolio.
Who have we approached
We wanted to carry out a fair review of our product, so we have invited Ms. Gan MT, an independent pharmacist with over 12 years of working experience in the community pharmacy. We believe Gan has the capability in sounding a credible opinion in view of her profession in the community service. We look forward to gaining some insights from the review generated.
What is Pharmacist
Pharmacists are qualified medication experts who use their detailed knowledge of medicines to ensure the quality of medicines supplied to patients. Pharmacists are responsible in dispensing medications, assuring the safety and appropriateness of the prescribed therapy and within the law; monitoring patient health and progress to achieve the best medication results; at the same time, providing education and advice on the use of prescription and over-the-counter medications.
Pharmacists are statutorily regulated, with a protected title and governed by an ethical code, to ensure that they always work to the highest standard. The spectrum of environments in which pharmacists practise is broad and includes the government practice, private practice, industry, education, research, publishing and non-government organisations. Their advice influences healthcare policy across the spectrum from government to local communities and individuals.
The title 'pharmacist' can only be used by those appropriately trained professionals who have registered with the Pharmacy Board of Malaysia and whose details are on the official portal of pharmaceutical services programme: ministry of health malaysia website.
What have been evaluated
The nutritional information and ingredients of immunity product from three brands: California Gold Nutrition, CellLabs and Project B are compared and evaluated.
The information we provided for review
Below, you can see the images the pharmacist was provided:
It was a totally blind test. The pharmacist was paid for her time producing the reviews, but not to endorse or favour any product. The reviews below aren't perfect, and we are the first to admit such. However, Gan is expert in her field, highly professional and have provided some great insights.
The following review produced have not been edited or altered in any sense, it is the original piece that the independent pharmacist has provided. This review is conducted based on 3 brands: California Gold Nutrition (Product A), CellLabs (Product B), Project B (Product C)
Pharmacist: Gan MT (Ms)
This review approach is quite interesting, because there are so many forms of immune boosting products in the market, like vitamin C can boost immunity, probiotics too can boost immunity, mushrooms, herbal origin plants, foods rich in antioxidants and etc; all these each come with research studies that actually show positive effect of their own mechanism in boosting system immunity.
The labels look interesting, I studied the ingredients and able to understand that Product A focuses on only mushrooms as the immune boosting ingredients profile (contains 10 types of mushrooms); while Product B focuses on fruits & vegetable as the immune boosting ingredients profile (contains 21 types of fruit and vegetable); Product C has a mix of both mushroom and fruits/vegetable, with addition of bee products and more herbs/plants as their immune boosting ingredients (contains 14 types of mix of fruit, mushroom, bee producs and herbs).
Product A and Product B are pretty straight forward with their mode of delivery, one by mushroom while another one by fruits & vegetable blend. For the purpose of side-by-side comparison, lets segment by group Product C ingredients portfolio:
1. Mushroom blend - Reisha Mushroom Extract, Maitake Mushroom Extract, Shiitake Mushroom Extract
2. Fruits/Vegetable blend - Acai Berry Extract, Elderberry Extract
3. Plant/Herbs - Matcha Green Tea, Wolfberry Extract, Green Tea Extract, Moringa Extract, Saffron
4. Yeast - Brewer Yeast, Beta Glucan
5. Bee - Royal Jelly Extract, Bee Propolis
For the purpose of this review, I have summarized the following points as comparison:
1. Product A has an impressive amount of 10 types of mushroom in the blend, as compared to Product C of only 3 mushroom type. It is worth a note that certain (not all) mushroom types are more precious and expensive in source.
2. Product B has 21 types of fruits and vegetable in the blend; as compared to Product C of only 2 berries ingredients as support. This makes Product B a convenient way to meet daily fruits/vegetable replenishment, otherwise blending of mix of fruits & vegetable smoothie can deliver the similar function.
3. Product C contains 5 main profile sources (mushroom, fruits, herbs, yeast and bee profile) with a total of 14 ingredient types, each can deliver their function in a different way/mechansim to meet and complement the action together. To illustrate understanding, image mushrooms generally work via way A to boost immunity, while fruits work via way B to boost immunity and this follows; Product C has 5 profiles, these offer 5 rooms to raise immunity by different action/mechanism and usually efficacy can be greatly improved.
4. Worth nothing as a plus point, the company has included Product C with the most expensive herb in the plant owing to its difficulty of sourcing and precious nutritional value - Saffron.
In conclusion, my first product of choice will be Product C (no 1) which offers great immunity coverage and rich in ingredients type; followed by Product A (no 2) with its more superior ingredient of mushrooms blend as compared to Product B (no 3).
Author's Note: We had no contact with Gan before the test was conducted, and she had never heard of Project B until after the results were gathered. These results were entirely independent and blind on her behalf.